Employment - Loader/Truck Driver (Full-time Permanent Position)
Reporting to the Assistant Roads Supervisor, this position will be responsible for competently operating and maintaining heavy equipment and to provide a variety of construction and maintenance services. The incumbent will be required to work a 40-hour weekly work schedule and call outs as dictated by emergency and weather conditions. As well, the incumbent must be available for stand-by duty. The ideal candidate will be able to respond to the operations facility within one-half hour. Other key duties will include, but are not limited to, road maintenance activities such as patching, brush removal, snow removal, sign installation, minor mechanical repairs and all associated documentation required for summer and winter maintenance activities.
The preferred candidate will have:
▪ A valid Ontario Class D or higher driver’s license with air brake endorsement in good standing.
▪ 3 to 5 years’ experience operating combination plow/sanders on a public highway system.
▪ Experience operating front-end loaders, tractor backhoe, gradall, dozers, motor grader and trackless sidewalk plow.
▪ Experience with other related equipment (i.e., brush chippers, chainsaws, small hand tools, etc.)
▪ Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act
▪ Knowledge of The Highway Traffic Act.
▪ Knowledge of OTM Book 7 for proper setup of Traffic Control Devices.
▪ Knowledge of Regulation 239/02, minimum maintenance standards for Municipal Highways.
▪ Ability to perform labour-intensive tasks including ability to lift 50 lbs (23kg).
The hourly wage range is $23.17 to $27.26 per hour and is based on an 80-hour bi-weekly pay period. To apply for this position, please submit a complete resume indicating education and experience, along with a current driver’s abstract to:
Loader/Truck Driver Recruitment
Athena Piskopos, Executive Assistant /HR Coordinator Township of Essa, 5786 County Road 21, Utopia,
Ontario L0M 1T0
firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m., September 30, 2022.
We thank all those applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 705-424-9770. Please know that should you require any special accommodations in order to apply for a position or interview for a position with the Township of Essa, we will endeavor to make such accommodations.
Corporation of the Township of Essa 5786 Simcoe County Road 21 Utopia, Ontario, L0M 1T0
Telephone: (705) 424-9917
Fax: (705) 424-2367