Employment Opportunity - Recreation Facility Operator
The Township of Essa is a vibrant and progressive community, located in south Simcoe County, southwest of Barrie, which boasts indoor arena complexes. The arenas themselves consist of an ice pad, meeting room, banquet hall and/or gym with kitchen facilities and concession booth. It also shares property with other Township facilities such as outdoor pads, baseball diamonds, playgrounds and splash pads. We are seeking a skilled and energetic Recreation Facility Operator. This position reports to the Parks and Facilities Supervisors. The Recreation Facility Operator is responsible for day-to-day operations such as, but not limited to the outdoor pads, Arenas – ice surface management and clean up from various room rentals – and various parklands. This position is well-suited for a hard- working individual with related experience, ideally gained in a municipal environment, involving the operation of an indoor and outdoor recreational facility. This position will appeal to a hands-on, service oriented, team player who is a self-starter with highly developed customer service skills.
• Possess formal training, and/or equivalent work experience.
• The position requires Basic Refrigeration Level 1; any additional courses would be considered an asset.
• Proven ability to clean, maintain facilities, parks and outdoor pads in a safe and clean fashion.
• Demonstrated knowledge of facility HVAC systems, fire alarm and suppression units, building security systems and refrigeration plants.
• Experience with general maintenance and upkeep of arenas, meeting rooms, banquet facilities, washrooms and changerooms.
• Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Physical and mental capabilities to perform all essential job functions.
• Experience with daily ice surface maintenance.
• Familiar with the maintenance of parks (playground inspections) and operation of various tools such as cutting/trimming equipment and all power tools.
• Availability to work evenings and weekends as required and to be called in if necessary.
• Proven success in creating good relations with users, as well as members of the general public.
Salary range is $23.17 - $27.26/hr, (40-hour work week). Satisfactory Criminal Record and/or Vulnerable Sector Check will be required upon start, as well as vaccination. For complete details of this position, please visit our website www.essatownship.on.ca. Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on October 4, 2022 to:
Recreation Facility Operator Recruitment
Attention: Athena Piskopos, Executive Assistant/HR Coordinator
Township of Essa, 5786 County Road #21, Utopia, Ontario L0M 1T0 email@example.com
The Township of Essa is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices and we will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require Code-protected accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.