Current Fees & Charges
The Township of Essa charges user fees for a variety of services. Most services are covered through the collection of property taxes, however in some cases we charge a direct user fee to those benefitting from the service.
Effective January 19, 2023 - Please be advised that a service charge of 2.9% is applied by the service provider Bambora to cover processing costs for payments made using credit cards.
The Fees and Charges By-law is updated annually, or on an as-needed basis.
At its meeting of January 18, 2023, Council passed By-law 2023-01 for the imposition of Fees & Charges.
- Schedule A - Administration Fees (General)
- Schedule B - Canine, Exotic Animal & Sign Permit Fees
- Schedule C - Fire and Policing Fees
- Schedule D - Building Fees
- Schedule E - Planning Fees
- Schedule F - Public Works Fees
- Schedule G - Recreation-Related Fees
- Schedule H - Cemetery Fees
- Schedule I - Administration By-law Enforcement Fees
- Schedule J - Automated Speed Enforcement Administrative Fees
Development charges are levied against new development. They are a primary source of funding for growth-related capital expenditures.
Please visit the Development Charges webpage to review Essa's Development Charges.