New Home or Additions
You need to complete and submit a building permit application in order to build a new home or addition on your property.
You are encouraged to contact the following Departments to ensure that you obtain the necessary approvals prior to construction:
- Building Department
- Planning and Development
Apply for a Permit
You need to complete and submit a Building Permit Application in order to build a new home on your property. Please review the Home and Addition Permit Requirements document prior to submission.
Electronic applications and subsequent documentation can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building Permit Checklist
Please make sure to include the following information with your application:
- Building Permit Application to Construct or Demolish including Schedule 1 (If this build is to be sold, Tarion number or Tarion exemption will be required)
- Engineered lot grading plan (two paper copies)
- Site Plan (fully dimensioned)
- Construction Drawings (full size and to scale)
- Roof truss design drawings sealed by P.Eng. (if applicable)
- Engineered floor framing layout (if applicable)
- Structural Design Drawings sealed by P.Eng. (if applicable)
- Letter of authorization (if applicable)
- HVAC (includes heat loss/gain, layout, mechanical design summary)
- Energy efficiency design summary (EEDS), Builder's Option Package (BOP), or alternate performance basis package
Septic System (separate permit required)
- Sewage system design specifications (if applicable - separate permit required)
- Sewage system plan view (if applicable)
- Schedule 2 (if applicable - separate permit required)
- Applicable law approvals
Building Permit Fees vary and are dependent on the scope of your building or renovation project. We will calculate all building permit fees after reviewing the application. You will not be issued a building permit until you have paid all permit fees and obtained all necessary approvals.